Thursday, July 23, 2009

Work and family don't mix

So I haven't posted in a few days and I had every intention of making up for that yesterday.

That was until 48 minutes into my hellacious day shift....

My mother calls me on my cell phone telling me to call her ASAP. Mind you, she knows I'm at work and nothing pisses me off more than being at work and my family telling me to call them after they blew up my cell phone. Hello? I'm at work, my job and my officer's safety and the countless phone lines I'm responsible for, I really can't be dropping everything to answer my phone and call you right then and there. But I did call my mother back a few minutes later after the call that was going on was under control. Come to find out, she needed either EMS or police, she didn't know which, because my dipshit brother was refusing to wake up and was semi-incoherent and when he would respond, he was being somewhat violent and swinging at her. Ok, now I'm feeling bad for cussing her text message about the whole call me ASAP and my adreneline is pumping because this is my mom and my brother and I don't know what exactly is going on and my mom makes a HORRIBLE caller for the record. She is the caller type that I despise with every ounce of my being- gets pissy when I ask for status of the patient's conscious and breathing, insists that they "just get out here already" and not wanting to answer anything I have to ask.

So, we roll on scene, and about 30m later, after doing a couple of status checks and hearing my brother cuss and fuck the police and EMS and to leave him the fuck alone, my officers go 10-95 male. That means they just took my brother into custody. They book him and place him in a cell for underage consumption. Fan-fuckin'-tastic...

Guess how the rest of my day went? Every brass and every CID (the detectives or as I lovingly refer to them as, the dicks) came into my hole in the department and asked if I was in any way related to Dipshit. Yes, that's my brother. All day. The whole 6.5hrs that was left of my shift. And as if that wasn't great enough, my mother called and texted every 30m wanting to know what her baby was doing and how he was. Seriously? Really?? He's in jail. He's in a cell. How do you think he is?? Give me a fuckin' break. Here's a thought, why not ask me once how I'm doing since my brother is on the other side of the law and I'm having to work through all of this. As if my job wasn't stressful enough... now I get this.

I knew and know my brother is a dipshit, hence his name in this post and how he will be referrenced in all future posts, but give me a break. I knew with him moving out here and in with me that he would be arrested by some department in the area. I just didn't think that it would be 1. so soon or 2. while I was working. My family causes me enough stress, that's why I loved when they lived 4500mi away from me and had half a continent and ocean between us. Contact was once a week on the phone and in person once a year. It was the perfect set up for me 'cause the freaks make me crazy. I enjoy coming to work believe it or not. It gets me out of the house and away from the nonsense and drama that I can't stand. But now they're bringing it into my work...

I see future vacation spots in a padded room... Maybe that can be my new stress free haven.

Wonder if they employ TCs there...

No comments:

Post a Comment